Skype Homepage Masthead Expanding
When a user opens Skype Client for desktop, the collapsed 650x170 ad unit appears below the button bar on the main content area. The expand panel initiates by clicking on the expand ad button. The 650x340 pixel expand panel can contain video, sound, or other interactivity. To collapse the ad to the original size, the user clicks the “Close X” button in the lower right hand corner.
Adform; Flashtalking; Sizmek
Adhere to Creative Acceptance Policy
- Microsoft permits advertisers to collect user-provided personal information (for example, through web forms embedded in ads).
- Advertisers may be required to modify ad units or provide additional disclosure in order to be acceptable for advertising on Microsoft sites.
- Advertisers wishing to collect personal information within advertisements (according to specifications above) must follow these guidelines:
- Clearly identify the organization
- Identify purpose for collection information
- Ads cannot mimic Windows or Skype Products, any Skype experience, designs, graphics, colors or logos without prior approval. The cursor may not be altered in any way by the ad.
- On click-through, expanded panel must collapse and video must stop.
- Click destination URL must open in a new browser.
- Audio on/off toggle button must be present at all times when sound is available.
- All ad audio must be muted or paused on click-through.
Skype requires SSL ad serving:
- Both ads and tracking tags must be SSL compliant.
- Ads that are not SSL compliant will not be accepted.
- All 3rd party content must serve SSL (https) compliant ads.