Skype Homepage Masthead In-Banner
When a user opens Skype Client for desktop, the 650x170 ad unit appears below the button bar on the main content area. The Ad can contain video, sound, or other interactivity.
Adhere to Creative Acceptance Policy
- Microsoft permits advertisers to collect user-provided personal information (for example, through web forms embedded in ads).
- Advertisers may be required to modify ad units or provide additional disclosure in order to be acceptable for advertising on Microsoft sites.
- Advertisers wishing to collect personal information within advertisements (according to specifications above) must follow these guidelines:
- Clearly identify the organization
- Identify purpose for collection information
- Skype requires SSL ad serving
- Both ads and tracking tags must be SSL compliant
- Ads that are not SSL compliant will not be accepted
- All 3rd party content must serve SSL (https) compliant ads
- Click destination URL must open in a new browser.
- Click to Call Functionality - Supported within 3rd party tag only, not site-served
- Ads cannot mimic Windows or Skype Products, any Skype experience, designs, graphics, colors or logos without prior approval
- The cursor may not be altered in any way by the ad
- Flash not supported