Skype In-Banner Connection Hub Ad
The new Skype Client Chat ad redesign displays the best ad placement based on client window size. When the user opens the Skype Client and selects a contact from their contact list, the Connection Hub opens. One of five available ad sizes will be displayed (only one) based on the dimensions of the chat window. 320x50, 300x250, 160x600, 300x600 or 728x90. If the user resizes, the screen will redraw with the most appropriate ad size.
Supported ad sizes:
Back up image file type: GIF, JPEG
Adhere to Creative Acceptance Policy
- Microsoft permits advertisers to collect user-provided personal information (for example, through web forms embedded in ads).
- Advertisers may be required to modify ad units or provide additional disclosure in order to be acceptable for advertising on Microsoft sites.
- Advertisers wishing to collect personal information within advertisements (according to specifications above) must follow these guidelines:
- Clearly identify the organization
- Identify purpose for collection information.
- Ads cannot mimic Windows or Skype Products, any Skype experience, designs, graphics, colors or logos without prior approval. The cursor may not be altered in any way by the ad. Flash not supported.
- It is possible that in certain screen dimensions the 728x90 and 160x600 ad placements may be cropped.
- It is up to the Advertiser to ensure that the creative design elements such as Advertiser branding, logots and CTA are positioned as detailed below to avoid cropping on client window resize.
- For 728x90 ad size, up to 145 pixels (~20% of default ad size) may be cropped from the right side.
- For 160x600 ad size, up to 120 pixels (~20% of default ad size) may be cropped from the bottom.
- Click destination URL must open into a new browser.
- Audio must be user-initiated and never automatic.
- Audio on/off toggle button must be present at all times when sound is available.
- All ad audio must be muted or paused on clickthrough.
Skype requires SSL ad serving:
- Both ads and tracking tags must be SSL compliant.
- Ads that are not SSL compliant will not be accepted.
- All 3rd party content must serve SSL (https) compliant ads.