The MSN Standard Ad consists of an IAB compliant basic image / text ad. Standard in-banner animation is allowed. Rich Media is not allowed.
Available art sizes:
- Mobile/Windows Apps (300x50, 480x80, 320x50, 300x250, 160x600, 250x250, 250x510, 728x90)
- MSN Homepage
- Tier I - 728x90, 300x250
- Tier II - 300x600
- MSN Verticals
JPG, GIF, HTML5
US Market: 3rd party serving not accepted on MSN Homepage; vendors listed below accepted on Vertical and Article pages
Other Markets: 3rd party serving accepted for Adform, Adgear, Admotion, Adslot (Facilitate Digital), Affinity (Network review required), Celtra, Commune, Mediaplex, DoubleClick, Eyereturn, Flashtalking, Flite, Ghostery (Evidon), Interpolls, Jivox, Markit On Demand, Medialets, Mixpo, ONE Creative, Predicta, Real Media, Sizmek, AOL Rich Media, SmartAd Server, Spongecell, Trueffect, Weborama
- 3 business days from receipt of assets
- Adhere to Creative Acceptance Policy
- Microsoft permits advertisers to collect user-provided personal information (for example, through web forms embedded in ads).
- Advertisers may be required to modify ad units or provide additional disclosure in order to be acceptable for advertising on Microsoft sites.
- Advertisers wishing to collect personal information within advertisements (according to specifications above) must follow these guidelines:
- Clearly identify the organization
- Identify purpose for collection information
- Any 728x90 Ad in 2-column view on MSN will be clipped by 100 pixels on the right side. It is up to the Advertiser to ensure that the creative design elements such as Advertiser branding, logos, and CTAs are not positioned in the right 100 pixels if desired. In 3-column view and 4-column view (full screen), the 728x90 Ad appears in full.
- Click destination URL must open in a new browser.
- MSN requires SSL ad serving
- Both ads and tracking tags must be SSL compliant
- Ads that are not SSL compliant will not be accepted
- All 3rd party content must serve SSL (https) compliant ads