Microsoft Responsive Header
The MSN Responsive Header* Ad takes advantage of the responsive design of MSN. An Advertiser can choose to display a single creative across all three page widths (2-, 3-, 4-column views), or can customize the creative for each of the page widths. The creative can re-animate on page resize, if desired. The user can collapse the ad to a smaller branded experience and then reopen it later, similar to the Billboard.
- MSN Homepage
- Tier IV
- MSN Verticals
*Formerly known as Custom Header
Back up image: GIF, JPG 768x250
US Market: AOL Rich Media. ONE by AOL: Creative. 3rd party serving not accepted on MSN Homepage; vendors listed below accepted on Vertical and Article pages
Other Markets: 3rd party serving accepted for Adform; Admotion; Flashtalking; Sizmek; Weborama; ONE by AOL: Creative
- 10 business days from receipt of assets
- Adhere to Creative Acceptance Policy
- Microsoft permits advertisers to collect user-provided personal information (for example, through web forms embedded in ads).
- Advertisers may be required to modify ad units or provide additional disclosure in order to be acceptable for advertising on Microsoft sites.
- Advertisers wishing to collect personal information within advertisements (according to specifications above) must follow these guidelines:
- Clearly identify the organization
- Identify purpose for collection information
- Responsive design:
- 4-column ad dimension: 1272x328 Initial Size
- 3-column ad dimension: 970x250 Initial Size
- 2-column ad dimension: 628x162 Initial Size
- Back up image size: 768x250
- For different creative to serve across 2-, 3-, and 4-column views, please provide Microsoft with assets in 2-, 3-, and 4-column view sizes.
- For the same creative to serve across 2-, 3-, and 4-column views, please provide Microsoft with assets in 4-column view sizes only. It is up to the Advertiser to ensure that the creative design elements, such as text, are of sufficient size when scaled to fit a smaller ad dimension.
- A standard 88x31 pixel IAB Leave-behind “Show Ad” icon OR a full width x 66 branded banner is required. The width of the standard 88x31 leave-behind may be slightly larger to accommodate the language characters used.
- Click destination URL must open in a new browser.
- Audio on/off toggle button must be present at all times when sound is available
- All ad audio must be muted or paused on click-through
- MSN requires SSL ad serving
- Both ads and tracking tags must be SSL compliant
- Ads that are not SSL compliant will not be accepted
- All 3rd party content must serve SSL (https) complaint ads