The Expanding ad consists of a standard base unit that expands to a larger panel with more real-estate to showcase video and interactive content for user engagement.
Available art sizes with expansion:
- 728x90 expands to 728x315
- 300x250 expands to 500x300
- 300x600 expands to 600x600
- MSN Homepage
- Tier II, 300x250 - Click to Expand
- Tier III, 300x600 - Click to Expand
- MSN Verticals
Back up image: GIF, JPG 728x90, 300x250, 300x600
US Market: 3rd party serving not accepted on MSN Homepage; vendors listed below accepted on Vertical and Article pages
Other Markets: 3rd party serving accepted for Adform, Adgear, Admotion, Commune, Doubleclick, Eyereturn, Flashtalking, Flite, Interpolls, ONE by AOL: Creative, Predicta, Sizmek, AOL Rich Media, Spongecell, Weborama
**Sizmek and ONE Creative are the only vendosr approved for the 300x250 and 300x600 Click to Expand
- 10 business days from receipt of assets
- Adhere to Creative Acceptance Policy
- Microsoft permits advertisers to collect user-provided personal information (for example, through web forms embedded in ads).
- Advertisers may be required to modify ad units or provide additional disclosure in order to be acceptable for advertising on Microsoft sites.
- Advertisers wishing to collect personal information within advertisements (according to specifications above) must follow these guidelines:
- Clearly identify the organization
- Identify purpose for collection information
Any 728x90 ad in 2-column view on MSN will be clipped by 100 pixels on the right side. It is up to the Advertiser to ensure that the creative design elements such as Advertiser branding, logos, and CTAs are not positioned in the right 100 pixels if desired. In 3-column view and 4-column view (full screen), the 728x90 ad appears in full.
Click to Expand
For user-initiated expand:
- Microsoft Run of Network and/or MSN RON: Ads must Click to Expand and Click to Close
- MSN: Ads may either Click to Expand and Click to Close or Rollover to Expand and Roll off to Close
- MSN requires SSL ad serving
- Both ads and tracking tags must be SSL compliant
- Ads that are not SSL compliant will not be accepted
- All 3rd party content must serve SSL (https) compliant ads
- Audio on/off toggle button must be present at all times when sound is available
- All ad audio must be muted or paused on click-through