Billboard and Billboard with expand
On page load, max 30 seconds of animation commences within the 970x250 Billboard. Both formats allow the user to hide the ad experience and then reopen it later.
Unique to the Billboard Expand, the unit can be expanded down over the page by clicking, swiping, or dragging designated areas inside the Billboard to a size of 970x600. Closing the expanded panel returns to the Billboard.
- MSN Homepage
- Tier III
- MSN Verticals
Back up image: GIF, JPG 970x70
US Market: 3rd party serving not accepted on MSN Homepage; vendors listed below accepted on Vertical and Article pages
Other Markets: 3rd party serving accepted for Doubleclick; Flashtalking; Flite; Interpolls; Mixpo; ONE by AOL: Creative; Sizmek; AOL Rich Media; Predicta, Adform
- 10 business days from receipt of assets
- Adhere to Creative Acceptance Policy
- Microsoft permits advertisers to collect user-provided personal information (for example, through web forms embedded in ads).
- Advertisers may be required to modify ad units or provide additional disclosure in order to be acceptable for advertising on Microsoft sites.
- Advertisers wishing to collect personal information within advertisements (according to specifications above) must follow these guidelines:
- Clearly identify the organization
- Identify purpose for collection information
- In 3-column view and 4-column view (full screen), the Billboard appears in full by default. In 2-column view, the Billboard will appear clipped on the right by 342 pixels. Upon browser page scroll, the user will be able to see the full ad and interact. The Advertiser must ensure that the creative design elements such as Advertiser branding, logos, and CTAs are not positioned in the right 342 pixels, if desired.
- A standard 88x31 pixel IAB Leave-behind “Show Ad” icon is required in the language the ad will be served when the ad is hidden. The width of the Leave-behind may be slightly larger to accommodate the language characters used.
- Audio on/off toggle button must be present at all times when sound is available
- All ad audio must be muted or paused on click-through
- MSN requires SSL ad serving
- Both ads and tracking tags must be SSL compliant
- Ads that are not SSL compliant will not be accepted
- All 3rd party content must serve SSL (https) compliant ads