The In-Banner ad enables advertisers to reach audiences with unrivaled interactivity and engagement. These ad units can offer the full range of creative executions – from eye-popping animation, to video, dynamic data, interactive games, and more.
Available art sizes:
- 160x600 (Outlook only)
- MSN Homepage
- Tier II, 300x250 - In-Banner Video
- Tier III, 300x600 - In-Banner Video
- MSN Verticals (300x250, 728x90, 300x600)
- Outlook (160x600)
Back up image: GIF, JPG 300x250, 300x600, 728x90
US Market: 3rd party serving not accepted on MSN Homepage; vendors listed below accepted on Vertical and Article pages
Other Markets: 3rd party serving accepted for AdForm, AdGear, Admotion, Adslot (facilitate digital), Affinity, AOL Rich Mieda, Celtra, Commune, Conservant (Mediaplex), DoubleClick, Flashtalking, Eyereturn, Flite, Ghostery (Evidon), Interpolls, Jivox, Markitondemand, Medialets, Mixpo, One Creative, Predicta, Realmedia, Sizmek, Smartad Server, Trueffect, Weborama
- 10 business days from receipt of assets
- Adhere to Creative Acceptance Policy
- Microsoft permits advertisers to collect user-provided personal information (for example, through web forms embedded in ads).
- Advertisers may be required to modify ad units or provide additional disclosure in order to be acceptable for advertising on Microsoft sites.
- Advertisers wishing to collect personal information within advertisements (according to specifications above) must follow these guidelines:
- Clearly identify the organization
- Identify purpose for collection information
- Any 728x90 Ad in 2-column view on MSN will be clipped by 100 pixels on the right side. It is up to the Advertiser to ensure that the creative design elements such as Advertiser branding, logos, and CTAs are not positioned in the right 100 pixels if desired. In 3-column view and 4-column view (full screen), the 728x90 Ad appears in full.
- Click destination URL must open in a new browser
- Audio on/off toggle button must be present at all times when sound is available
- All ad audio must be muted or paused on click-through
- MSN requires SSL ad serving
- Both ads and tracking tags must be SSL compliant
- Ads that are not SSL compliant will not be accepted
- All 3rd party content must serve SSL (https) compliant ads
Ad Components: Preload Image
- File Type: GIF or JPEG
- Dimensions: Initial File Size
- Max File Size: 10 KB
- Creative type: must include simple visual creative relevant to the campaign (i.e. brand logo), must be fully clickable to advertiser landing page until ad appears
- Pie-load animations are required for any additional content loaded (Flash or video) due to user interaction.
- Both the Initial File and Secondary (Polite) File will serve as a single file.
- If streaming video is used, the lowest bitrate with acceptable quality will be used. In the event a user does not have proper bandwidth to play the video, the unit will be programmed to resolve to its end-frame to avoid a bad user experience