Jan 6 2017
Mobile-first Drives Everything
If you’re not thinking mobile first, you’re already behind. Research shows that 60% of consumers “can’t live without” their smartphones and that percentage will surely increase as 67.1% of the world’s population becomes mobile users by 2019. With numbers like that, it’s important for brands to have a mobile-first mindset — and not just when it comes to content. Emerging mobile platforms like VR, 360 and AR are requiring the evolution ad formats to match their visual stimulation. And in 2017, it will be the year for brands to step up to the plate.
If brands aren’t willing to adapt to this mobile-first era, they need prepare to be out-strategized by their mobile-first competitors.
- 67% of consumers watch videos online everyday on their smartphone
- 49% of consumers use their smartphone or tablet when they first wake up before getting out of bed
- A growing number of consumers have more than one device. The number of mobile-connected devices per capita will reach 1.5 by 2020.
- 40% of advertisers expect to see an increase of 50% or more in digital ad spend on mobile.
- 42% of publishers expect to see an increase of 50% or more in digital ad spend on mobile.
See the trends shaping 2017 and learn how you can drive your video strategy forward.
1 2017 State of the Video Industry Research Study, AOL, 2017
2 AOL, Omnibus Survey, 2016
3 Cisco Visual Networking Index, 2016