Top 10 Themes from the Big Mobile Study
AOL’s Big Mobile Study set out to understand the complex relationship consumers have with their mobile devices.
We went into the exercise with hypotheses that were validated: such as the power of word of mouth. And some hypotheses were refuted: bad apps don’t drive users to the mobile web (Guess what? they just move on to another app).
Ten themes shone through:
- The phone is an extension of the user’s personal brand.
- Digital Intimacy: Consumers want to be at device/app parity with their loved ones.
- Users are lazy. They are creatures of habit – and physical proximity rules.
- Mobile web doesn’t cut it.
- Apps are preferred for speed, utility, entertainment.
- Discovering apps is hard, social, random & often need-based.
- Big Brands have an advantage.
- Consumers will pay for apps – especially games, maps, music & video.
- Search is a needs-based utility, not for browsing and discovery.
- Freemium works. Compelling features open wallets.
Download our Big Mobile Poster.
Download the Big Mobile Study today.
Keywords: aol mobile, research