Six Lessons Learned at Digitas NewFront
FROM AOL ADVERTISING: Now that the Digital Content NewFront is over, we want to take a look back at some of the lessons learned during the Digitas NewFront. Colin Kinsella, CEO of Digitas North America was generous enough to reflect on some of the big lessons learned from the Digitas NewFront.
While the fifth annual Digitas NewFront may be over, the memorable moments that took place onstage keep me energized.
With the attendance of over 500 Digitas clients and partners as well as brands, marketers, distributors and talent, the Digitas NewFront showcased how longer-form digital content has continued to make inroads into prime time viewing; how distribution models have morphed with the arrival of mobile, tablet and social interactions; and, how content is driving business results.
Below are six personal favorite sound bytes from the day. They also serve as key lessons and takeaways that content creators and brand marketers should keep in mind as they harness new digital content opportunities.
- 1. “Content remains king. It doesn’t matter what the platform. If it’s good, it’ll find an audience.” –Piers Morgan, Host of CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight.”
- 2. “It’s not just about the views on YouTube but how people react to it.” – Christa Carone, Corporate Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Xerox.
- 3. “The key to the Internet is spontaneity and newness. You’re vying for people’s attention – that’s their investment in you.” – Felicia Day, Actress and Singer.
- 4. “Be comfortable with waste.” – Diego Scotti, Chief Marketing Officer, J.Crew.
- 5. “Digital video is no side show. It’s a big, main act.” – Mark Beeching, Worldwide Chief Creative and Strategy Officer, Digitas.
- 6. And finally from Michael Lazerow (CEO and Co-Founder, Buddy Media), “Without content the world sucks.” Well said.
The one message I hope attendees and viewers left with is that well-told stories will be watched, heard, shared. LOVED. We even helped one of our own speakers begin to share her own story, as writer and actress Rashida Jones sent out her first ever tweet on the NewFront stage.
With the help of our partners and on behalf of our clients, Digitas will continue to deliver these great stories for screens—big and small.