Recap: ADWEEK's 2012 Brand Genius Awards
Last night, AOL sponsored ADWEEK's 2012 Brand Genius Awards at the Edison Ballroom in Times Square, where ten of the most creative brains in marketing were honored.
The award ceremony was hosted by the hilarious Joy Behar who in true fashion had the crowd roaring with laughter from both raunchy and industry related jokes. It was a perfect mix of entertainment and fun while giving a nod to geniuses within our industry.
AOL sponsored the event, launching the Your Genius + Our Platform ad campaign. The objective of the campaign was to showcase how great creative needs the right platform behind it to really shine and AOL’s popular brands, premium ad formats and valuable audiences offer that platform.
- Banking and Finance: Leslie Berland, Amex
- Automotive: Olivier Francois, Chrysler
- Retail: Kensuke Suwa, Uniqlo
- Consumer Packaged Goods: Lisa Mann
- Travel and Tourism: Chris Gabaldon, Ritz-Carlton
- Restaurants: Brian Niccol, Taco Bell
- Entertainment: Tim Palen, Lionsgate
- Beverages: Tom Herbst, Captain Morgan
- Sports: Steve Phelps, Nascar
- Health and Beauty: Matthew McCarthy, Axe
Of the above winners, ADWEEK presented Olivier Francois, Chrysler with the Grand Brand Genius award. And this year, ADWEEK honored an eleventh genius, inaugurating a special lifetime achievement, the Brand Visionary Award presented to New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Click here for more information.
Keywords: AOL, awards, Trade Marketing